Resource created by the Ferens Art Gallery
What can we learn about the Tudors through investigating their art? Investigate a key work, William Segar's portrait A Noblewoman, along with other examples from the period. This resource can be used as a standalone, or combined with a class trip to the Ferens Art Gallery.
- KS2 Art and Design: How art and design both reflect and shape our history.
- KS3 Art and Design: Evaluate and analyse creative works
- KS4 Art and Design: Develop an awareness of the purposes, intentions and functions of art.
- KS3 History: The Tudors | the English Reformation
- KS4 History: British depth studies
- Download Investigating and making Tudor portraits - includes notes on applying paint, underpainting, colour mixing, and a sketchbook studies template.
- Download 'Bringing up Baby' and explore childhood in Tudor times - includes notes on clothing for Tudor babies and children, discussion questions and how to swaddle a baby.
- Turn your school hall into your very own Tudor long gallery to display your work.
- Explore the 'Portaits' resources on My Learning, and create your own portrait using the online interactive.