The materials presented in these resources can go some way to encouraging participation in the following learning objectives. Some objectives are addressed directly through activities, others can be addressed by using the materials as a resource or case study.
- Local history depth study
- Challenges for Britain, Europeand the wider world1901 to the present day
- Ideas, political power, industry, and empire: Britain, 1745-1901
- Locational knowledge: naming and locating counties and land-use patterns
- Human geography: types of settlement and land use, economic activity, distribution of natural resources including energy, food, minerals and water
- Human geography: population and urbanisation, economic activity, use of natural resources
Download the Suggested Activities PDF for the following:
This involves looking at objects and describing what can be seen and deduced about them, their age and their use. This is followed by use of census materials to identify the owner of the artefacts.
Considering the effects of child labour in Victorian times.