Resource created by Leeds Museums and Galleries | Leeds Industrial Museum.
This resource uses the life of cloth manufacturer Benjamin Gott (1762-1841) as a model for entrepreneurial skill and understanding. The development of his business is an example of the growth of the factory system during the Industrial Revolution.
- KS4 Business Studies - Enterprise - Setting up a business
- KS3 Citizenship - the functions and uses of money and the importance and practice of budgeting and managing risk
- KS3 History - Industrial Change 1750-1900
KS4 History - British Social and Economic History After 1750
- KS3-4 PHSE - a basic understanding of enterprise
- Knowledge of the ways in which enterprising businesses operate, (e.g. conditions of work and debates about rights and responsibilities)
- Understanding of the wider role of business, its responsibilities and resources
- Skills in problem-solving and relating the demands of business in 1800s Leeds to modern practice