1. The Child Friendly Leeds Awards happen every year. In 2018 there were categories for:
· Child of the Year
· Young person of the Year
· Adult making a difference for young people
· Communities and schools working together
· Inspiring creativity through arts and culture
· Best place in Leeds for children and young people
· Overall contribution to making Leeds a Child Friendly City
You can find out more at https://www.leeds.gov.uk/childfriendlyleeds/cfl-awards
2. Ever heard of Leeds Children’s Day? You probably haven’t, because it doesn’t happen anymore, but it was once one of the biggest events on the social calendar. It brought thousands of school children and their families together in Roundhay Park for athletic displays and games, becoming a hallmark of post-war Leeds. It’s just a shame it doesn’t exist today.
Watch a video of what the event was like in 1957.