Rocks at Cliffe Castle Museum
Cliffe Castle Museum (Keighley) holds extensive and internationally important geology collections. The education team runs a KS2 workshop ‘Rocks’, making use of these resources, and this learning journey has been designed to complement that workshop.
- Images of unique rocks and mineral samples in the Cliffe Castle collection
- Additional information for teachers about rock forming processes
- Exploration of 'rocks in context' and how rocks are used in everyday life.
KS2 Science - Unit 3D Rocks and Soils
Learning Objectives:Students will learn:
- To observe and compare rocks
- That rocks can be grouped according to observable characteristics
- That rocks are used for a variety of purposes
- That rocks are chosen for particular purposes becauses of their characteristics.