Resource created by York Museums Trust.
- KS1 Science - Identifying Plants and animals in their habitats
- KS2 Science - Living things and their habitats; Life cycles; Evolution and inheritance - adaptation
- KS3 Science - Relationships in an eco-system; Variations between species
- Knowledge of different types of invertebrate and variations between species
- Understanding of how insects have adapted to their environments
- Skills to identify and classify types of insect
- The Minibeasts Interactive PowerPoint Quiz is suitable for whole class use and is perfect for a plenary activity. Includes extra information along with the answers.
- Amazing Snails Interactive PowerPoint - this short powerpoint is perfect for a starter or plenary activity and can be set to use as a touch interactive on a smartboard.
- Download the Physically Active Minibeast Domino Activity to have some active fun with your class. Pupils work in teams, running to different information points to find the correct answers to construct their dominos in the correct order.
Pupils can use the 'Design a Super Bug' template to drawn their own creature from parts of minibeasts.