Today's Citizens, Past Lives at Beverley
This learning journey is designed to provide resources and information on various aspects of life in Beverley, with a special focus on the 19th Century. Sources have been chosen to enable pupils to develop an understanding of the history of this community.
Curriculum links and learning objectives
The resources can be used to support many areas of learning. The materials will be particularly helpful for teaching children in the following QCA Schemes of Work:
Key Stage 2 History:
- Unit 12 – How did life change in our locality in Victorian Times
- Unit 18 – What was it like to live here in the past?
The materials will also support the themes of Citizenship, Social Justice and Diversity and can be used to develop children’s skills in Literacy and ICT.
By the end of this learning journey pupils should:
- Understand more about the development of their locality.
- Discuss and analyse a variety of different sources to develop ideas for their own work.
- Develop their own materials using these resources.