Science and Transport Car Constructor
Transport yourself into Science
This resource helps you use Streetlife's superb transport collections as an inspirational starting point to support the teaching of Science and Design & Technology subjects.
KS1 & KS2 Science
Unit 1E Pushes and Pulls
Unit 2E Forces and Movement
Unit 3C Characteristics of Materials
Unit 6E Forces in Action
KS1 Design & Technology
Unit 2A Vehicles
Unit 12 How did life change in our locality in Victorian times
Who is it for?
Key stage 1 and 2 pupils and teachers
What's in this resource?
- Car Constructor interactive game, make your own vehicle and see how well it performs on our Streetlife test track.
- Transport card game. Download and play this game as a fun way to stimulate discussion around transport past and present.
Downloadable resource sheets to compare transport across the ages and discover how design has evolved.
How can it be used?
- This resource supports our science learning package
Interactive Science Shows, hands on practical workshops and historical characters (See Led Sessions page on this journey for full details).
- Whole class as a white board activity to support a transport related topic or Science / Design & Technology sessions.
- As a pre-visit activity to prepare your class for a visit to the museums.
- As a post visit activity to develop and consolidate what your children have learnt.