Marc Quinn and Figurative Sculpture
KS3 Curriculum Links
- Art & Design: Unit 7A - Self Image
- Art & Design: Unit 9C – Personal Spaces, Public Places
- Citizenship: Unit 04 - Britain a Diverse Society
This resource can also be used by KS3/4 pupils studying similar topics/themes (including sculpture, poetry, creative writing, music composition, self identity).
Comments from teachers' review of this resource:
"Excellent resource for:
- promoting discussion about disability, identity, social commentary
- opening discussion about social acceptance, expectations, different peoples lives
discussion about sculpture, figurative/abstract/symbolic art
understanding definition for abstract / figurative art
- an older student to pursue personal interest in sculpture, to help support understanding about how to link different artworks, make connections, unpack meanings, realising the significance / background context behind the immediate art work"
For copyright reasons you cannot print this page. All text is available in PDF format (see Download link below).
Google map: see where the Graves Art Gallery is, home of Marc Quinn's 'Kiss' and other figurative sculptures.»