Global Citizens - Make an Impact!
Welcome to the Global Citizens- Make an Impact! resource
Take a journey of discovery with Hull Museums to find out what it means to be a Global Citizen…
- Just how many countries do we rely on in one day? Try out our
Global Citizenship classroom interactive!
- Investigate campaigners through history and the tactics that defined their campaigns. Download the
(link at the bottom of the Campaigning - Can I make a difference page).
- Watch the films
We Are Hull- Our Stories!
and find out what living in Hull means to five young people with very different backgrounds and life experiences.
Does racism have its roots in slavery? Watch a film of
Thomas Thistlewood's diary and decide for yourself.
- Human Rights - Join in the debate about racism and religious dress and watch the Freedom Forum Films.
- Global Citizenship
- What is it exactly? Find out by investigating the words of famous people like Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela
- Modern Day Slavery
- Learn about the continuing struggle against slavery
- Fair Trade - Find out about 18th and 21st Century citizen power!
This resource has been created in conjunction with two Citizenship learning programmes KS1/2 Freedom and Fair Play and KS3/4 Unfinished Business at Wilberforce House. They bring the story of Wilberforce, slavery and the abolitionist campaign up to date by addressing modern citizenship issues.
Global Citizens - Make an Impact! resource has been funded through: MLA (Museums Libraries and Archives)
Renaissance in the Regionspartnership programme,
DCMS (Department for Culture, Media and Sport), DCSF (Department for Children, Schools and Families)
and the British Library led project
Campaign! Make an Impact.
(For more information about led sessions at Wilberforce House, contact Heritage Learning on 01482 318733 or visit their website through the link below)