How to Create a Sand AnimationYou will need:
- Light box - a back-lit frame with a translucent face of plastic or glass used to transmit light through an image for the purpose of tracing or slide viewing
- Video camera
You can buy a light box from art and craft shops/suppliers for £20-30.
Watch the video How to Create a Sand Animation
1. Position the light box under the screen
2. Use the sand to create a silhouette of the character to be animated.
3. Once the sand is in position take a frame.
4. Reposition the sand a little and take another frame.
5. Gradually build up the frame to build up the animated sequence
Send us a link to your completed sand animations and we may feature them on My Learning!