To use access keys:
- Press and hold the 'Alt' key
- Press the letter or number of the access key as listed below
- Press the return key. You should now be redirected to the page you require.
If you are using a Macintosh system, you must press the 'Ctrl' key and the access key.
My Learning website access keys are:
- S - Skip Navigation
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - News Archive
- 3 - Website Map
- 4 - Search
- 5 - About
- 6 - Subjects
- 7 - Learning Levels
- 8 - Privacy and Child Protection Policy
- 9 - Museums
0 - Accessability Statement
Access key functionality may vary based on the type of operating system you are using.
Access keys are only supported by MS Internet Explorer 4 and above and by Netscape 6x versions
Accessibility features on the site include:
Validation of all XHTML, CSS and additional scripts
Screen reader ‘ready’ and compliant
- All page source has been checked against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines compliance
- Cascading style sheets used in favour of tables, for everything except explicit tabular data.
- All content is still legible without the use of Cascading style sheets (CSS), but obviously does look the same visually.
- Navigation of the site does not require any scripts.
- Appropriate tagging for all images
- Transcripts for video and Audio
- A link to skip navigation. You can use this link to skip the navigation and jump straight to the content on any page in the site.
- Text sizes are all relative. You can adjust the font size on the site to make it easier to view. With this in mind we have made available 2 buttons on the site interface to which will increase the font size which some users may find more comfortable to read.
- Printer friendly: Our site prints in a way that the pages can be downloaded as support learning material ensure that the text and images are legible when printed out on a standard 300dpi printer using white A4 size paper without all the unnecessary website navigation trimmings as you find on the site.